Featured Article

Renaissance Marie Austin "My Story"

            My name is Renaissance Marie Austin and I have finally built up the courage to tell my story. But first, let me lay the groundwo...

I Found This in Google Drive

(Written March 17th 2019)

Dear Drive Journal,


Currently, I am listening to an E on Fire Podcast interview with Laura Gassner Otting. Her book is called Limitless. I am inspired by this podcast and must ask myself some very important questions. First, why do I do what I do? At the moment my answer to that question is this. All I want is to use the skills I have to the fullest and best of my ability, then allow the rest to take care of itself.


So far, I can surely say that my small business, my voice, and my fashion designs have taken me places I never imagined I would go. In all honesty, I can’t really say all the places my talents can take me because well I don’t know all the places I can go in the world. I believe if you keep pushing eventually you will end up in some amazing places. 


It is true that there are things I need to define and be reminded of. One of those things is how I receive revelatory understand when I read things. I have not read as much as I should for a while now, but I really need to soak in more information so that I can have a better understanding of things and so that I don’t forget. 


Key things to remember:

  • Define success for yourself, not what the world says or what other say

  • Always read

  • Know the reason why you do all that you do

  • Stay persistent and consistent 


Book Ref: Extreme Ownership book


"I am all smiles. There are some horrible sentences here, and some mediocre thinking, but it is nice to look back and see that was I was always trying. I think it is time for me to finally read the book I personally suggested. Also, I love the key points to remember. They were dead on then and they are dead on now. And they apply to everyone. Once you let go of the socialized success everyone thinks you should be you find yourself living a much happier life according to your own personal definition of prosperity and achievement. Always journal, always read your old self back to your ever renewing self."